Chef, 29, dies after catching a FUNGAL infection that ‘ate huge holes in his lungs’

Sharing is Caring!

A chef in Michigan has died from a fungal infection that ravaged his body for months – amid signs the strain is growing across the US.

Ian Pritchard, 29, from Petoskey, was taken off life support over the weekend at his own request after weeks of suffering and pain, according to his family who said the fungus ‘ate holes in his lungs’.

See also  Bill Mitchell, After Announcing He Will Quit Politics and Social Media Forever if Trump is the Nominee, is BACK on the Trump Train

He was originally hospitalized around Thanksgiving with flu-like symptoms and transferred to a Detroit hospital for more intensive care where he was diagnosed with blastomycosis.

His condition quickly deteriorated as the spores moved deep into his lungs infecting the tissue there, making them look like ‘Swiss cheese’, according to his father Ron.

See also  Powerball Player Gets $340 Million Jackpot Rejected After Massive Website ‘Mistake’

www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13056589/michigan-man-dies-fungus-infection-lungs.html

 

Views: 245

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.